Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Connected!

Recently I was the speaker for a business networking luncheon- my topic was "Being connected- the currency of today"
Currency is nothing more than an exchange of value

What something is worth to you is what you will exchange for what is precious to you.
We've gone through several currencies over the years:
Let's say you have a charity event and are looking for sponsors
  1. In 1900, "I'll donate 1 jug of my cow's milk"- stuff became hard to work with so money was created to speed things up.
  2. In 1950 "I'll volunteer my time"-eventually, our TIME was more valuable than our money
  3. 1980 "I'll just send a check" - don't ask me to take time from my family!
  4. Today "I will lend my influence- I"ll send to my list and recruit my network to the cause"

The currency today is CONNECTION- how well off you are is directly related to how connected you are- how many people can you stay in contact with . We build and work our network.

Don't believe me? Think about it-- when power goes out- what are you most frustrated at losing? the internet! When it comes on- the first thing you do is check your email!

To stay connected, there are social networking sites all over the place.

Take me for example, I have various segmented parts of my life- I have different ways to stay connected with each of them. Some are fun, some are personal, some are business, some are minstry related

I have a home phone, a cell phone with text, I have 8 email accounts, a website, a blog, I'm on Twitter (2 tagnames), facebook, Linked-In, Plaxo, Mychurch.

I may be alone in the room but turst me, I am CONNECTED! -If you can't find me you aren't looking very hard.

so here are all the ways you can find me if you are also on social media:

www.kathleenhwood.com

www.palmettofitnessfocus.blogspot.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleenhwood

www.twitter.com/palmettofitness

www.twitter.com/fragilefitness

email: kathleen@kathleenhwood.com with your connection data and keep in touch!

No comments: