Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Golf lessons on life

One of the big goals in life for more than a few years ahas been to learn to play the game of golf.

I have always marvelled at how consuming it can be for some people and others yawn at the very thought of it. I could easily become one of the obsessive compulsives as relates to this game. I've had a dozen lessons, and played only a couple times, but it is just, well, neat.

This women's golf league encourages the use of carts to facilitate the speed of play. When I had the privilege of playing with my father, we walked. I liked walking the course. We got a lot of good talking done in the slightly extended time it took to play nine holes. Secondly, golf courses are beautifully groomed as a rule and aside from frying in the sun, exercise is a good thing any way you can make an excuse for it.

Whether or not you like golf, find an excuse to enjoy a beautiful walk this week. Even better if you can walk with someone you care about.

No comments: