Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Renovations Are Hard Work

We started some renovations in our home this week.
Sounds crazy but I'm thrilled to see the bathroom in total destruction mode! The more I scrapped off the wallpaper the more energized I got. I even got a thrill from scraping the popcorn off the ceiling and getting those crumbles from head to toe. I stood looking at my naked room, no tile, no wallpaper, no ceramics and I LOVED it- temporarily.

You see, once we started tearing out the old it was clear, there was no turning back. We were on a clear path to a new reality, one I've desired for a long.

It's not much different when you talk about losing weight.
It's amazing how long you can put up with something you've wanted to change for so long.
And then...one day... you start the demolition.

You peel away the ragtag, dated, stained excuses and habits. Every layer that comes off becomes more energizing than the last. Every step moves you closer to the new reality of a healthier, happier brand new- YOU!
  • You set the alarm 15 minutes early and start to walk. Ahh. Man, the air feels refreshing!
  • You pack an extra bottle of water. Amazing how good water tastes, you know?
  • At the last minute, you change that order to grilled chicken. Umm. tastes great!
  • I even savor the way my muscles feel when they talk back to me after a strong workout.

You and I are on a grand adventure, one of becoming who we have longed to be. Every decision is either removing the old or building the new.

Make every decision count this week!

No comments: